Pictured below: The Moderator of the General Assembly (2012-2013) Rt Rev. Dr Roy Patton visited Trinity Church on the occasion of the churches 125th anniversary on October 14th 2012. From left: Alan McElwaine, Thomas Williamson, Ronald Clarke, Rt Rev. Dr Roy Patton, Rev. Sam Anketell, Mrs Isobel Davidson, Bert Coote and Leslie McKeague.
Trinity Church is situated on Virginia Rd., Bailieborough on the left as you leave town, it was built in 1887. Trinity replaced an older Church one mile from town at Urcher known as Second Bailieborough, which was built in 1770. It was demolished when Trinity was built, just the graveyard remains.
At special times such as Christmas, Easter, Harvest Thanksgivings, and when a fifth Sunday occurs in the month Trinity joins with the other two Churches in our group, 1st. Bailieborough (Corglass), and Corraneary for a joint Service of Worship at 11a.m., alternating between churches.
During the months of July and August there is one morning service at 11am alternating between the three churches.
Most of the activities outside Sunday Worship are with the other congregations in our group. Bible Study and Prayer and Meditation in the Manse on alternate Thursday nights. Monthly meetings of the Presbyterian Women’s Association.
The J Club meets fortnightly to cater for music, art, and drama with a Christian bias for National School children. Focus, our youth fellowship, meets in the Manse on a monthly basis, as well as attending P. Y.M. activities.
At a meeting in Corglass Manse:
Seated l/r: Ronnie Coleman, Isobel Davidson, Joan Cranston,
Jennifer Williamson, Rev. Sam Anketell.
Back row l/r: Andrew Clarke, Neville Bell, Thomas McCullagh,
Ronald Clarke, Alan McElwaine, Thomas Williamson, Leslie McKeague and Nigel Williamson.
Committee members unable to attend on the night were:
Elaine McCabe, David Williamson and Bert Coote.